Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hiroshi Project - Post 1: Mood Boards

-Update-
I think my ideas are changing, or I guess developing more or less. I am beginning to lean toward the idea of still using photography and double exposures, but finishing it a cut and paste style creating a landscape out of a physical collage of photographs. Hmm, this idea is inspiring me... we shall see!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Idea 1: Double Exposure - Bodies/Wilderness Landscape
Inspirational Artist: Dan Mountford


Idea 2: Photographs of Bodies Becoming Wilderness Landscape (Preferred Desert)
Inspirational Artists: Robert & Shana ParkeHarrison


For this project I am really leaning toward the idea of double exposure. Creating these mood boards and brainstorming really helped me focus my ideas onto what I would like to do. I find double exposures visually intriguing, technically challenging, and a beautiful way to interpret 'Figure as Landscape' through photography. The actual subject matter is still developing, but I have a few ideas I would like to develop.
Because I really enjoy building scenes, I would like to build different recognizable landscapes or skylines, such as a city, the desert, mountains, a forest, etc. I would like to choose different body parts that I can some how connect to these scenes, maybe more due to visually connections instead of conceptually. I would photograph the scenes as well as the body parts creating double exposures. Depending on the technical difficulties I run into, I may end up creating these double exposures digitally.
This idea needs quite a bit more development, but it is beginning to take form and inspire a creative spark, so now it's time to let it burn...


Here are a couple of examples of my own experimentation of multiple exposure:



Here are some experimental images I created digitally with some of my old photographs:

- Stay Positive My Friends -

1 comment:

  1. This is Timothy from class. If you need a model, I have connections with one, as she works at CCAD. We can talk about negotiations, etc. :) if you don't, that's ok. I'm just offering help if you don't have any. :)

    ReplyDelete