Monday, February 4, 2013

Hiroshi Project - Post 3: Deciding on an Idea

So my ideas are coming to fruition. All of the plans are decided and kinks are worked out. Now the creation is within sight and I am very excited!


Here is my final color scheme:


The grey tones on the left are the 9 zones of grey in black and white photography. These tones will be from the black and white figure images I will collage together. The colors on the right side of the color scheme will be my added geometric details creating the idea of shadows in my created landscape.




This is the general shape and outline of my landscape design:


These images are a map of the landscape I will create out of the collaged black and white body images. I want to create extremely clean lines, paste the images onto a poster board, then use black string and a series of pins to create the visual of a drawn outline.


Example Sketch:

 This sketch shows the geometric shapes I want to draw on the landscape and the sketches of body parts are an example of the collaged photographs I will be applying to the board. The color will be created in photoshop or physically created and pinned down to the collaged poster board. There is still a bit left to be determined.

Additional Ideas:

After being inspired by the animation presentation, I thought about creating an animation in which the shadows (colors) changed in the landscape while the sun moved across the sky. We will see if I am able to create it in time for the assignment, but if not it will definitely be re-visted at a later date.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really excited to see the final of this project. If executed correctly, this is going to be a project I'm really looking forward to seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the direction you are taking this project. There are a few grammatical and spelling errors in your writing, but that is me being nit-picky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This idea seems to be coming along. I'm very interested to see how the final comes together. Other than that, I've found your font a little hard to read after long periods of time, (I know, weird) but the all caps just gets a little fuzzy for me after a while.

    ReplyDelete