Monday, April 15, 2013

Final Project: Post 2

So, I tend to find myself often over ambitious and pushing myself to the limits. I realized in the short amount of time we have left this semester, I have taken on two extra projects in two of my classes in the video genre in which I have never had any experience. In coming to grips with my stress level for the next four weeks, I have decided to eliminate both of these video projects from my game plan and make the summer projects so I can really spend time and work on them. On that note, I have changed my focus for the final project in this class solely to my Yoga Cloth, or whatever you want to call it!

This week I did a lot of research and planning on what exactly I wanted to do and how I'm going to work out all of the details. I am contemplating which pose I would like myself or the figure to be in. These are the three (two very similar) that are still in the running. I am also deciding how detailed I want the image to be or if I just want a silhouette. Either way it needs to be high contrast in order for the printing method to work.

 Here are some examples of rough ideas for the figure:
(All of these images were taken off the internet then manipulated)

While brainstorming I also decided I would like to incorporate the chakras. For those of you who are unfamiliar:

Anyways... I want to incorporate them by using yarn to embroider them into the material in the correct placements on the figure. I will be creating my own unique symbols inspired by different ones I have found on the internet to represent each chakra. Here is some information I found:




So after this decision I began getting worried about color scheme. The plant based dyes I was wanting to use are only bright colors and each option I had would end up clashing with one of the chakra colors, and the colors of the chakras are very important to their symbolism. This made me come to the conclusion of using liquid light instead of plant based dyes. Using this method also gives me the ability to paint the light sensitive liquid onto the material giving me more control over the appearance. I am thinking about giving it obvious brush strokes and letting it appear very organic.

I still have a few details to work out, but I feel solid enough to begin shooting and editing the image as well as gathering my materials. Once I have my materials I can make a set color scheme and develop final drafts of the project layout. I am feeling much more excited and enthusiastic about this project idea now!

Also, Here is an updated, more finalized calendar:


- Stay Positive My Friends! -

No comments:

Post a Comment