Monday, April 29, 2013

Final Project: Post 4

Almost there!

Since production truly began in the past week I have found myself hitting a few road bumps. After speaking with one of my professors about the liquid light process, she suggested I use iron on transfers instead due to photo emulsion processes cracking when put on material. I also decided to change my figure from a photograph to a drawing of a figure.

I decided to use ink and quill pen. I like the organic aesthetic to it and not having such an obvious form allows for the figure to appear more as an aura. Also, since it is a generalized female figure, it is much more relatable for the general viewer (or user) of the product. After experimenting with drawing this figure, I was able to visualize the possibility of continuing with the idea of a "yoga cloth" by drawing the figure in different yoga poses creating all shapes and sizes for more product options.

Here is the figure drawn and then slightly edited through photoshop:

 

I broke up the figure into printable sections, printed them on transfer paper, all ready to put together


I put everything together and now it's time to iron! I placed pieces of yarn on the figure to represent where the chakras will be placed. 


Now all that's left is ironing and adding the chakras and final details! 
I am really excited for the finished product!!! Here we go!


- Stay Positive My Friends -

No comments:

Post a Comment