Monday, April 22, 2013

Final Project: Post 3

Well things are definitely coming together! I officially have all of my materials, my image, my plan for making the negatives (that showed to be much more difficult than I had planned), and sketched out my chakra designs.
Here are my materials:
 I totally forgot to buy the blue yarn. I'm such a dummy... Oh well, another trip to Joanns.
I had to make sure that I got a natural fabric for the liquid light process so I chose a very simple cotton. I  decided to buy three yard so I had a bit of wiggle room just in case. After I print the image I will be using the yarn to create the design for each Chakra in the appropriate placement. Once these are completed I decided to color them in with fabric dye using that applicator bottle pictured in the bottom left corner. I am getting SO excited to start this part of the process!

Here are my sketches for my Chakra designs. I will be creating more detailed and exact sketches to create a pattern for myself so I don't go in blind.


 Here is the image I have decided to use for the print:
I want to make the figure life size, so about 6 feet from the toes to the finger tips. This means the fabric will have to stretch beyond it slightly both ways to create a visually pleasing composition. Since creating one digital negative this large has been extremely difficult to figure out, I decided I will be breaking my figure up into a multitude of 8x10 digital negatives which I will cut up, arrange, and tape down during my exposure process. I plan to create an example in photoshop to give an idea of this look.

Well, I still have a lot to do, so I better get back to it. *Don't forget the blue yarn, don't forget the blue yarn, don't forget the blue yarn.* More next week! Good night all!

- Stay Positive My Friends -

No comments:

Post a Comment